Monday, 28 February 2011

Arrival of the Dehydrator

I was very excited to see the arrival of the dehydrator today. I thought I might miss the delivery as I had to be out most of the afternoon, and was rather disappointed to come home to a missed delivery note, but the lovely man came back this evening with a huge box. I didn't realise it was going to be so large! Its 4 times bigger than I expected and takes up quite a bit of space on the kitchen worktop, but it's sitting where the now obsolete toaster used to be. I've put some thin strips of good quality sirloin in there with various seasonings, so I can see which one I prefer. It's going to take up to 6 hours, at 150 degrees Fahrenheit. It's rather noisy, a little less annoying than a washing machine, so I think I'll aim to put it on when I'm not around next time.

Today I went to see my supervisor and felt light headed all afternoon, although was able to concentrate. I was just not so good at digging out vocabulary from the depths of my brain and so found it harder to explain things. I also looked at a couple of houses for next year with two potential housemates and we found an ideal house, so we're having a think about it over the next few days. When I got home I took some L-Glutamine and ate some celery and felt less light headed shortly after, so I dont know which one worked, but I'm going to make sure I keep up the L-Glutamine just in case! I stopped taking it after day 3 and started feeling more lighted headed after then, so it seems to be working (apparently it supplies or helps supply the brain with energy whilst my body is adapting to making fuel from fat and protein instead of using the easy energy from carbs).

This evening I discovered that my hard drive is about to fail, which is terrible timing given that I have a major deadline in 2 weeks time. I've backed everything up on an external hard drive and hope that the university computing people can sort it out soon. It seems I need a new hard drive. So instead of doing any work today, I've spent the time faffing with my computer, yet again. I had hoped to lock myself in my flat for the next 2 weeks to write this chapter, but I'll have to work in the noisy office with less access to food if it conks out soon. It's handy being at home for now, while I'm getting used to it, as I can cook something up whenever I like. If I'm at uni it'll mostly be cold stuff, which doesn't always work well with meat and veg. There isn't even a microwave in the entire building!

I had an Ocado shopping delivery today, and I'm finding that I'm so much more excited about a delivery now I'm primal - it's as though all food (primal) is exciting, and I'm even crazy about celery! I never expected that to happen. The excitement is also about the recipes I plan to make with the food. Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to make a coconut curry with chicken thighs. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow as it's late now. Gosh, isn't my life exciting?!

So, I weighed in at 15 stone 10.75lbs today which is a loss of 5.75lbs in 6 days. A fast loss as expected in the first couple of weeks, hopefully more fat than water.

No comments:

Post a Comment