Saturday 26 February 2011

Meat Shop

I had a hungry day yesterday but it's been much better today, it almost feels as though my body is used to the low carb change now. I got a bit hungry when I went to the hairdressers this morning (just a trim :) ) but I ate some of the beef jerky I had taken with me. It was the first time I've eaten jerky; I've tried biltong in South Africa and didn't like it - I think it was something exotic like impala* meat, which tasted too strong for my liking. I might like it now I have more of a taste for meat. I like the jerky and plan to make some myself as it's quite expensive to buy already made. I've ordered a dehydrator, which is a machine that dries food by exposing it to low heat and circulates air to remove all the moisture in order to preserve it. Jerky is great to take with you as a snack when you're out and about, and you can make a wide variety of flavours by marinating it in stuff like coriander, salt, pepper, chilli, olive oil, etc. before dehydrating it. I bought some lean sirloin steak from the butchers today and they sliced it up thin for me ready to put in the dehydrating contraption. The butcher was a friendly guy and the meat looks great, so I plan to go back soon, although it is rather expensive. I won't tell you how much I spent on meat today. It was like going into the primal equivalent of a sweet shop so I had to restrain myself from buying one of everything. I just cooked the lamb shoulder - I slow roasted it with salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil, covered in foil, for 3 hours and it came out deliciously tender and oily. I don't think I've eaten meat so fast. I also bought some lamb mince and a ribeye steak and put them in the freezer for later next week.

Enough of the meat p0rn. I weighed in at 15 stone 12.75 today, down 1 lb! I really should measure the circumference of all my bodily parts as people on the forum say that shrinkage is a much better way to keep tabs on fat loss - some people find that they stay the same weight for a while as they are losing fat but gaining muscle. In fact, I'll do that right now...

So, the widest bit, in inches:

Hips: 48"
Waist: 38"
Belly: 47"
Chest: 41.5"/49"
Upper arm: 16.25"
Thigh: 30"

Wow, my thigh is thicker than most womens waists :-o

I'm trying to install an operating system update on my computer today, so no work done yet again, more attempting to back stuff up and rearrange the files on my computer. Must. Do. More. Work.

* It probably wasn't

No comments:

Post a Comment