Thursday 24 February 2011

A Lot of Washing Up

This way of eating is generating an awful lot of washing up. I bet Nigella doesn't do all her own cleaning up, so I think what I need is a cleaning wench to make this new lifestyle less time consuming. Most of the day seems to have consisted of cooking, eating, cleaning up and scouring recipes - there's no time for work. I assume I'll get used to it and become faster at all these tasks, and most probably collect recipes that are quick and don't involve roasting hazelnuts for 12 minutes before assembling complicated mixes of nut dust in an ordered sequence of trays for coating meat. Simplicity is the way forward,

Today I went for a walk! Hurrah! A much needed walk at that as sitting down was starting to hurt as I've done so much of it over the day few days, not wanting to be caught away from the house without access to primal food. I took some shredded pork with me but didn't eat it until I got back, by which point I was famished and rather light headed. The walk was lovely though as it was nice to get out in the sun (good for vitamin D production) and see the outside world.

Today I have eaten: boiled eggs, avacado, prawns, sesame oil, pork, lettuce, cucumber, spring onions, more pork (with garlic, cumin, lime, salt and cooked slowly for 2 hours), celery, duck cooked with carrots, celery, onion, garlic, ginger, lime zest and pak choi.

A further source of motivation today was seeing the scales go below 16 stone to 15 stone 13.75, which is a total loss of 2.75lbs in 2 days. My scales weigh me in 1/4 lbs so I can see progress daily, and it's nice to see it go down, even if it is only by 1/4 lb - at least I know it's going in the right direction.

I have a bit of a headache again today but not as bad as yesterday. Someone on MarksDailyApple forum said that the extreme thirst is normal during transition and that it will disappear eventually. Another person suggested that this is because I am flushing out toxins (presumably from grains and all the other cr@p I ate before).

It's nice to see that I have followers, that and the comments mean a lot to me, it's great support and helps to keep me going knowing that you are interested in me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment