Tuesday 22 February 2011

First Day of the Rest of My Life

Well that went a lot better than I expected. I have mostly been able to think clearly but had a few moments of fogginess, which were quickly dispelled with food. I even got out of the house, went to the supermarket and visited friends! I took the liberty of dumping 6 carrier bags of uneatables on said friends and had a jolly good evening at the same time. I'd say my head isn't 100% clear, but way better than I expected and I even had what felt like an injection of pure energy in my brain whilst in the supermarket and I felt full of life. I'm hoping this is what I will feel like most of the time after the transition period.

Today I ate (each in some sort of a tasty recipe): 3 boiled eggs, small avacado, tobasco sauce, dash lime juice, S&P, water with squeeze of lime or lemon, mackerel (a real saviour), romaine lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, olive oil, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, prawns, Tobasco, pork belly, butter, bean sprouts, dill, parsley, chicken, red pepper.

And A LOT of water! I've been very thirsty all day, which seems to be typical of a low carb diet (sorry, Way Of Eating), probably because carbs contain a lot of water so i now have to get it from elsewhere. I had the raw red pepper at the end of the day and the taste was intense, it was though my sensitivity to flavour had gone off the scale, which was both exciting and a bit scary.

So I look forward to continuing tomorrow and hopefully getting some work done too, as I now have less than 3 weeks to write some sort of chapter on genetic regulatory networks, for a book. Oh yes, and I weighed in at 16 stone 2.5lbs this morning, and I undoubtedly won't be able to resist weighing myself tomorrow morning. And every morning. Yes, I know, i shouldn't, but it helps keep me on track if I'm constantly aware of how heavy I am...

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to see the progress!! I am glad you have your eyes on the prize and seem already to be so very optimistic!!

    ReplyDelete