Tuesday 5 April 2011

Sprinting!

The weight doesn't seem to be going anywhere still, but I assume that this is because my body is still getting used to eating primally. The lightheadedness has subsided and I am feeling a lot more energetic. I am a lot less anxious than I used to be, and I feel a lot more positive, life seems considerably more exciting and inspiring now. Eating the way I do now has become a way of life and I am used to it, buying and cooking food is no longer a an epic task or a chore.

I've started going for walks and am working at University as much as possible now, so I'm getting more exercise. I do believe I shocked a few people in the park when I catapulted myself from a leisurely stroll into a 6 second all out sprint on Sunday. I repeated this 5 times and couldn't manage anymore. I did hurt my ankle, but it healed after one day, so it wasn't anything serious. I decided that I need to start wearing barefoot shoes in order to prevent further injuries and strengthen my feet and ankles. I've had lot's of helpful comments from people on the Primal Blueprint forum, especially this awesome link to minimalist shoes, which has inspired me to look in to alternatives to Five Finger Vibrams (expensive and hard to find to try on). I found that I already have some minimalist shoes in the form of water shoes (shoes you can wear whilst swimming in the sea), so I've been wearing them for the last 2 days. They feel quite liberating and it's nice to be able to feel the shape of the ground. Sounds odd, doesn't it? But I feel more in touch with my environment and plan to wear minimalist shoes as much as possible. I don't know how long they will last though because they aren't meant for lots of walking on hard pavement, so I'm considering making the Huarache sandals for summer.

I've been using my new slow cooker (see below) quite a bit and love the fact that it makes the meat so tender. I have also bought a Thermos food flask (see below), which keeps the meat piping hot for up to 7 hours, which is plenty enough for me to keep it perfect until lunch time.

Awesome products I'm using:


I've also worked out that I musn't slice the beef for dehydrating too thin, otherwise it dries right out and loses its flavour. The last batch, which was sliced quite thickly (3/8 inch) and sprinkled with salt and cayenne pepper is very tasty and I must refrain from eating it all at once :)

I realised today that I am finally free of my emotional dependence on food. Before going primal I could not control what I ate, I used food to make me feel better (which made me feel worse) and I could not see how to get a grip. This way of eating has helped me so much, and I would highly recommend it to anyone, whether they are overweight, underweight or have difficulty controlling what they eat. In fact, to everyone. It will make you feel better in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment