Friday 8 April 2011

Better News!

I have found some fantastic creamed cocount! Most of the canned coconut milk I have tried so far had a funny taste to it, but this one was like white chocolate. The exact name of the product is Organic Creamed Coconut and it's made by Biona. I bought it from Ocado but it is available elsewhere.

Anyway, I'll keep it short as I'm off to visit my parents this weekend, and hopefully visit their local fishmonger, by the sea. I'm going to be like a child in a sweet shop. Ah, that reminds me, I gutted my first fish yesterday. I've never done it before and so I didn't know what to expect inside. It was quite grim and I had to start by handling the fish with plastic tongs, but I eventually got stuck in with a knife and tea spoon and cleaned it right out. I then cut off the head, and the fish seemed to freak me out a little less. I realised afterwards that I should have cut the head off first though as the guts are sttached to the head. I baked it in the oven, stuffed with lemon, drizzled with olive oil and warpped in tin foil (180 degrees celcius for 20 mins). It was good. I felt more primal afterwards and one step closer to going fishing.

Have a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment